Supported by the Delegation of the European Union to Australia and the Embassy of France — representing the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union — the ANU National Security College presented the EU Indo-Pacific Forum on 25 May 2022.
This Forum explored the European Union’s Strategy for Cooperation in the Indo-Pacific — and the opportunities it provides — with EU officials and Indo-Pacific thought leaders, through speeches and a fire side chat.
Sincere thanks to our speakers, who included:
- Mr Josep Borrell Fontelles, High Representative of the EU for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Vice President of the European Commission
- Mr Gabriele Visentin, EU Special Envoy for Indo-Pacific
- HE Michael Pulch, Ambassador of the EU to Australia
- HE Jean-Pierre Thebault, Ambassador of France to Australia
- Dr Tanvi Madan, Director - The India Project, Brookings Institution
- Ms Tomiko Ichikawa, Director General, The Japan Institute of International Affairs
- Dr Evan Laksmana, Senior Research Fellow, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Ms Elly Lawson, First Assistant Secretary, East Asia Division, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade